Potential improvements and bugs¶
We now have a basic interface but it already has some bugs and it could be improved in a lots of ways. Here is a list of things that are left as exercises:
- Improve the look and feel and output: it's partially of done in commit 13d5a0b2 but can probably improved further.
- Reload only the table, not the full view when filtering.
- More filters, more columns, etc.
- The server side code deserves to be refactored.
- Unit tests.
- [bug] Highlight is buggy in navigation because we have several routes while the navigation item added in Configure the navigation only recognizes the first route we add.
- [bug] 'eng-GB' hard-coded when getting Content Type name.
Documentation pages to go further¶
This tutorial talks and uses a lots of concepts coming from Symfony, eZ Platform, PlatformUI itself or YUI. Here is a list of documentation pages that are worth reading to completely understand what's going on behind the scenes:
Symfony-related documentation pages¶
- From a Symfony point of view, in this tutorial we mainly wrote a controller and with the associated routing configuration, the Controller book page is definitively the most important Symfony related page to read
- We also defined a Controller as a service in this tutorial, this is detailed in How to Define Controllers as Services.
- Twig for Template Designers explains how to write Twig templates
eZ Platform-related documentation pages¶
- The Public API is described in both the Public API basics page and in the Public API Cookbook.
- For any usage beyond what is covered in those pages, you can refer to the auto-generated API doc.
- While extending PlatformUI, you'll also have to work with the REST API which has its own section in the documentation.
PlatformUI-related documentation pages¶
- The PlatformUI technical introduction gives an overview of the architecture and explains some its concepts.
- PlaformUI also has an auto-generated API doc.
YUI-related documentation pages¶
The whole YUI documentation could be useful when working with PlatformUI, but amongst others things here is a list of the most important pages:
- For the very low level foundations, the guides about Attribute and Base (almost everything in PlatformUI is YUI Base object with attributes), EventTarget (custom events) and Plugin (for tweaking almost any PlatformUI components) can be very useful
- A large part of the application is about manipulating the DOM and subscribing to DOM events, this is covered in the Node and DOM Events guides.
- The PlatformUI Application is based on the YUI App Framework which itself is mainly described in the App Framework, Router and View guides.
⬅ Previous: Filter by Content Type